As a student at MSU, you can benefit from the vast amount of campus resources and involvement opportunities.

Health & Wellness Resources

Olin Health Center

Olin Health Center is the primary health care facility for MSU students. Health Services and related support services include primary care, allergy/immunizations, sports medicine, massage therapy, laboratory, radiology, pharmacy, and physical therapy.

Students also have the option of receiving primary care services in the Neighborhood clinics located in Brody, Holden, Hubbard and McDonel halls.

MSU Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS)

CAPS, is the place on campus for students seeking help for a wide range of concerns, including depression, anxiety, stress management, homesickness, adjustment or acculturation, relationships, gender identity and sexual orientation (LBGTQ) concerns, substance abuse, trauma, eating or body image concerns, and other personal mental health concerns.

CAPS Connect

CAPS Connect is a brief consultation program that is confidential, completely free, and available to all enrolled MSU students. Just drop-in during the scheduled times - no appointment is necessary! CAPS Connect provides a place to talk about concerns. You can have someone listen to you and offer support, or you may prefer to receive expert suggestions about solutions and resources.

Health Promotion & Primary Prevention

As part of Student Health & Wellness Services, we provide services to address the health promotion, education, and prevention needs of MSU students. The Health Promotion Department offers a wide array of educational programs including, Alcohol & Other Drugs Education and Referral, Nutrition Counseling, HIV Education, Counseling & Testing, and SPARTANfit Fitness & Wellness Program.

Collegiate Recovery Community

Housed in the Health Promotion Department, MSU’s Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) serves students in or seeking recovery from alcohol and other drug addiction. Our mission is to provide a safe and supportive campus community in which students in recovery from addiction can achieve their academic, personal and professional goals. The CRC and its services are designed to empower students to thrive in the fullness of the college experience, free from alcohol and other drugs.

University Nutrition & Dietician

IM Fitness Services

Academic Resources

Collaborative Learning Center (CLC)

Through a variety of workshops and structured study sessions, the CLC can help you get on the path to academic success. Academic success workshop schedule and registration available on the CLC website.

Neighborhood Student Success Collaborative Resources

One of the great benefits of Michigan State University is the number of resources that are available to students. Make sure to take advantage of all of them while on campus. From getting help in math or chemistry, to meeting with a career advisor at the Career Services Network, students can be prepared for success in the classroom and in the future.

Center for Language Teaching Advancement (CeLTA)

Come to the CeLTA space to practice your language skills and meet new people. This is an informal, low-pressure atmosphere where you can speak in the target language, ask questions, and learn more about culture. 

Occupational Resources

Career Services

The Career Services Network (CSN) is a seamless connection of career service professionals located in college-based and centralized career centers across campus. CSN serve students from freshman year through graduation and beyond. Whether you are interested in selecting the right major, exploring career options, looking for a part-time job or internship, or preparing for an interview, the CSN team is ready to assist.


Job Accommodation Network (JAN)

The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) is the leading source of free, expert, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.


Scholarships & Financial Resources

RCPD Scholarships & Awards

Office of Financial Aid

Student Accounts & Billing

Getting Involved on Campus

MSU provides many venues for collaboration and community building on disability topics. These groups empower students with disabilities to maximize their Spartan experience, through advocacy, education, and campus life.

MSU Council of Students with Disabilities (CSD)

President's Advisory Committee on Disability Issues

Capital Area Transportation Authority (CATA) Advisory Committee

Adapted Sports Club

MSU offers many additional student organizations that cover a wide range of topics and interest areas, including but not limited to: academic, business, environmental, international, political, racial/ethnic, religious, women’s interests, and sports and leisure. These can be found on the Department of Student Life website.

Scheduling & Enrollment Resources

What resources can help if I cannot finish my course(s)?

If a student cannot complete their semester coursework due to a medical or disability reason, there are a few options available, that should be discussed with your RCPD specialist and an academic advisor. 

  • To drop one or more courses, students should check the course schedule and academic calendar for drop deadlines. It is also imperative to consult the Office of Financial Aid prior to dropping any courses.
  • Another option may be to see if you qualify for an incomplete in your course(s). An incomplete could allow you additional time after the semester ends to complete course requirements. Incomplete eligibility is determined by the instructor of the course.
  • Requesting a Medical Withdrawal is an additional option available to all students. All requests for consideration of Withdrawal for Medical Reasons must be initiated in the Office of the Associate Dean (or designee) of the student's college or the Neighborhood Student Success Collaborative (NSSC).


Can RCPD assist with a course override?

RCPD does not have the ability to assist with course overrides. Courses have capacity limits for a variety of limits (room fire codes, teaching load per faculty member etc..) and various pre-requisites. Students should work directly with their academic advisor and/or department to discuss schedule options.