While academic achievement and graduation are vital intentions of our work, we realize that career and life success are highly contingent on opportunities and experiences. That is why we have called on some of our most significant community partners to help us ensure that the talents of our graduates can be fully realized through effective career outcomes.
Bosco MSU-MRS Careers Collaborative
Careers Collaborative was launched in 2014 through private gifts from Michael and Kathy Bosco matching state and federal funds in partnership with Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS). The Collaborative is strengthening leadership with a focus on career transition for students with disabilities. Students gain a full-time on-campus vocational rehabilitation counselor and specialized guidance with new synergies among several campus departments intent on career outcomes. This partnership enhances career readiness by connecting academics with practical experience, deliberative vocational rehabilitation approaches and employer partnership for internships and careers.
- See what the Careers Collaborative did during Spring 2020 here!
- See how the Careers Collaborative can assist students and employers alike by viewing our brochure
- Apply for the Workforce Recruitment Program!
- Begin registration with the Careers Collaborative here or contact your Ability Access Specialist!
"Identifying myself for the first time as someone with a disability and working with the RCPD has provided me with the knowledge, confidence, and resources needed for me to be successful in the work force. With the knowledge gained from the RCPD and introduction to Michigan Rehabilitative Services, I have been able to get the needed accommodations at my work."
-Jennifer, former Careers Collaborative participant
Get Involved with the Careers Collaborative
The Bosco MSU-MRS Careers Collaborative is a partnership that combines the efforts of the MSU Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities (RCPD), the MSU Career Services Network (CSN), MSU Rehabilitation Counseling, and Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS).
How will the Careers Collaborative benefit you?
- Secure high-quality employment
- Explore careers through labor market analysis
- Hone skills including resume development, interviewing and effective communication
- Refine professional work etiquette
- Maximize the use of technology for independence
- Secure internships and employment
- Facilitate transition from academic life to work life
Please email or schedule an appointment with your specialist to begin the Careers Collaborative referral process!
The MSU Alumni Association is a key ingredient in helping build important linkages between today’s students and Spartan alumni already established in careers. Through the following links we hope to enhance this connectivity.
Careers in Action
Dr. Daehee Lee shares insights on selecting MSU, moving to America, earning dual advanced degrees, and leading in his career.
Watch 2014 Samaritan Scholar recipient, Jordyn Castor, become "Wall Street Ready" as she transforms a scholarship from the RCPD into career opportunities.
Career & Employment Resources
- MSU Career Services Network
- Handshake - find full time, part time, and seasonal work on and off campus. Also find listings of available internships and schedules for job interviews, workshops, and other career-related events on campus.
- State Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Bureau of Services for Blind Persons - BSBP provides training and other services that empower people to achieve their goals. RCPD partners with BSBP bring a vocational rehabilitation counselor to campus on a regular basis to assist students and employees.
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services - MRS helps persons with disabilities find work and independence. RCPD partners with MRS through the Bosco Careers Collaborative, bringing a full-time MRS vocational rehabilitation counselor to the RCPD office.
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN) - government website providing information for job seekers with disabilities, such as information regarding accommodations and consultation addressing specific questions.