MSU offers an immense number of scholarships promoting student success. The RCPD works closely with other MSU programs and colleges to offer various disability-related scholarships. These opportunities are featured in addition to the many scholarships offered directly through the RCPD.
Hal and Phyllis Wochholz Endowed Scholarship/Fellowship for Undergraduate and Graduate Students Majoring in Engineering at MSU
- Intended to recognize and to encourage outstanding engineering students
- Awarded to full-time undergraduate or graduate students who are Michigan residents and have declared an interest in or a major in Engineering
- Must be a student with a physical or sensory disability
- Normally the awards of up to full-tuition will be renewed yearly until completion of an awardee's degree program. For renewal, students must maintain an acceptable academic record and GPA and continue to exhibit personal and professional integrity.
Charles and Philippa Webb Endowed Scholars Award
- Awarded to undergraduate or post-baccalaureate students enrolled in elementary or secondary education programs in the College of Education
- Must be a student with a documented disability and registered with the RCPD
- Student must need academic support related to their disability, beyond the accommodations currently required by law
Dr. Hy and Myra Shapiro Spartan Advantage Scholarship
- Freshmen and sophomores who are deaf or hard of hearing will automatically be considered for this scholarship, and if none are in need, students with other disabilities become eligible
- The Office of Financial Aid selects recipients, and those with strongest need and GPA performance will be awarded as funding allows; no application process required
- Scholarship is renewable if recipients continue to demonstrate academic excellence in the degree program of their choice