Michigan State University and the surrounding community have numerous resources for individuals who are in crisis. You may contact a resource for yourself or another community member who you believe may need assistance.

If you are an MSU faculty/staff and have a student in crisis who you believe needs assistance, please consider the following resources. MSU RCPD does not provide 24-hour service and RCPD staff may not be able to immediately respond to communications via voicemail or email.

*Health and safety emergencies should be handled by dialing 911

MSU Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS)

During business hours MSU CAPS offers walk-in and scheduled appointments. CAPS is located at Olin Health Center, 3rd floor (463 E Circle Drive). Call (517) 355-8270. In crisis? CAPS offers emergency resources for students. 

MSU Center for Survivors

The MSU Center for Survivors provides counseling, advocacy, and support groups to MSU students who are sexual assault survivors and all others who are impacted by sexual violence..To schedule an appointment with a Counselor or Advocate, please call 517-355-3551 during regular business hours. Crisis Line: (517) 372-6666.

MSU Behavioral Threat Assessment Team (BTAT)

MSU BTAT exists to facilitate a multidisciplinary, coordinated response to reports of students, employees, or other individuals on campus who have engaged in behavior indicating a possible threat of harm to self or other members of the campus community.

The Employee Assistance Program (EAP)

MSU EAP is a confidential counseling service provided at no cost to MSU faculty, staff, retirees, graduate student employees, and their families.

MSU Safe Place (Domestic Violence Shelter)

MSU Safe Place provides advocacy, emergency shelter, counseling, support groups, safety planning, information and referrals to survivors of violence and their minor children. All support services are free and confidential.